May 10, 2009

A week without Net

Bringing my laptop back from hibernation every morning to check my mail, scrapbook and blog stats is a daily routine for me. So it was not easy for me to spend a week in Mavelikkara, where a Net caffe is something that exist only in peoples' imagination. But somehow i managed to hold on.. i  survived. However a week without computer, a week without net did had its (positive) sideeffects.

I consider myself as a bookworm, atleast untill net became a part of my life i used to read alot. Thats exactly what i did during the one week of 'Disconection'. I managed to finish (almost) the biography - 'I too had a Dream'- of Dr Varghees Kurian, the man behind 'Operation Flood'. It was a good read.  It gives pretty detailed accounts of the difficulties he had to face (mainly from government officials) during the Initial stages of starting 'Amul' and later 'Operation Flood'. I recommend this book to anyone who are willing to read a book for a change!!

0 comments:

blogger


CA by profession,
Artist by possession,
Animator by passion,
Blogger by provocation
Photographer by avocation!!

View Blogger Profile

followers

tweets

    Follow Me On Twitter
    Your Ad Here
    Template SwaLe by Swantham Lekhakan : A Mod of Template Brooklyn by Ourbloggertemplates